When it comes to preparing your home for a kitten; Teacup Persians are very gentle and mild-mannered; but all cats have a bit of a mischievous side – especially when they are kittens. You may not be able to stop your Teacup Persian from ever getting into trouble; but you can protect him from getting into things that could hurt him. Preparing your home by kitten-proofing it is very important but also fairly easy to do – just follow these steps:
- Lock up all of your cleaning supplies and other household chemicals in a cupboard or cabinet.
- Place all food in lidded containers or keep it in the pantry; you don’t want your cat getting into something that could be bad for him.
- Make sure you don’t leave any medications or toiletries out on the counter where you cat could get into them.
- Always unplug electrical cords when they aren’t in use and wrap them up so your cat isn’t tempted to play with the dangling cord; this is a good idea for blind cords as well.
- Remove any poisonous plants from your home or put them somewhere your cat can’t reach them.
- Keep the lid on your toilet seat down so your cat isn’t tempted to drink from it; it will also keep a small kitten from accidentally falling in.
- Make sure that your window screens are very secury; especially if your cat is able to jump up into the window.
Always check doorways and appliance doors (like the dryer) before closing them; you never know when your kitten might climb in.
Join My Newsletter
Get your FREE Teacup Persian Cats Care Guide NOW!
Receive special offers, discounts, information about new releases, and more from Lolly Brown! Also gain access to a community of like-minded people with a wealth of information.