Disclosure: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
When it comes to preparing your home for a kitten; Teacup Persians are very gentle and mild-mannered; but all cats have a bit of a mischievous side – especially when they are kittens. You may not be able to stop your Teacup Persian from ever getting into trouble; but you can protect him from getting into things that could hurt him. Preparing your home by kitten-proofing it is very important but also fairly easy to do – just follow these steps:
- Lock up all of your cleaning supplies and other household chemicals in a cupboard or cabinet.
- Place all food in lidded containers or keep it in the pantry; you don’t want your cat getting into something that could be bad for him.
- Make sure you don’t leave any medications or toiletries out on the counter where you cat could get into them.
- Always unplug electrical cords when they aren’t in use and wrap them up so your cat isn’t tempted to play with the dangling cord; this is a good idea for blind cords as well.
- Remove any poisonous plants from your home or put them somewhere your cat can’t reach them.
- Keep the lid on your toilet seat down so your cat isn’t tempted to drink from it; it will also keep a small kitten from accidentally falling in.
- Make sure that your window screens are very secury; especially if your cat is able to jump up into the window.
Always check doorways and appliance doors (like the dryer) before closing them; you never know when your kitten might climb in.